Fleas are wingless, blood-sucking insects that feed on dog, cats, humans and other species. One female flea can lay up to 50 eggs a day.
- One flea can quickly multiply to infect your house, and your life.
- Flea bites commonly cause skin irritation and itching.
- Fleas can infect your pet with tapeworms.
- Flea bites on your pet can cause allergic dermatitis which can lead to hair loss and further skin complications including infections etc.
Flea Prevention Tips:
Avoid an annoying and frustrating infestation of fleas and take preventative measures first. At the beginning of flea season is the best time for preventive measures to be taken.
1. Apply a treatment to all your outside areas.
2. Each year replace all your pets bedding.
3. Throughout the year regularly clean out your pets sleeping area in the house. The bedding should be boil washed.